Flu Clinic 2020 updates are now available
This clinic will be for the over 65 years that could not attend the first clinic, patients that have registered with the surgery as a carer and the under 65 years of age that have a long term condition: Please see the list below as a reference to these conditions.
- respiratory conditions, such as asthma (needing steroid inhaler or tablets), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including emphysema and bronchitis
- heart conditions, such as coronary heart disease or heart failure
- being very overweight – a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above
- chronic kidney disease
- liver disease, such as hepatitis
- neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
- a learning disability
- problems with your spleen, for example, sickle cell disease, or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or taking medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
Please contact the surgery if you have a long-term condition that is not in one of these groups. We will offer you the flu vaccine if we think you’re at risk of serious problems if you get flu.
Please could we remind all that require the vaccination that a consent form has been collected and completed before attending the appointment.